LAS VEGAS (AP) — Health officials in Clark County say tests have confirmed that a child and an adult have measles, bringing to four the number of cases reported in and around Las Vegas since the beginning of the year.
Southern Nevada Health District spokeswoman Stephanie Bethel says the most recent cases were confirmed Tuesday and Wednesday.
Bethel says the adult wasn't fully vaccinated, and the child previously received a single dose of measles vaccine.
The government recommends a first dose of measles vaccine for children ages 12 months to 15 months, and a second dose before kindergarten.
Bethel says the four measles cases reported in Clark County are the first since 2011.
She says investigators don't think the cases are linked to an outbreak traced to Disneyland, or to each other.
You won’t find a paywall here. Come as often as you like — we’re not counting. You’ve found a like-minded tribe that cherishes what a free press stands for. If you can spend another couple of minutes making a pledge of as little as $5, you’ll feel like a superhero defending democracy for less than the cost of a month of Netflix.