Nevada Public Radio is presenting an eight-part podcast series on the culture, issues, and perseverance of Nevada’s Indigenous Peoples. This series is made possible, in part, by the financial support of the San Manuel Band of Mission Indians.Native Nevada was recently announced as a winner of a 2022 Regional Edward R. Murrow Award!Check out the list of winners!
Some music by Blue Dot Sessions
- Richard Boland, host, is Timbisha Shoshone. He’s devoted much of his life to Native issues, including a high-profile land reclamation effort you can read about here.
- Assistant producer Jarrette Werk is A’aniiih and Nakoda from Fort Belknap Montana and has been living in Northern Nevada since 2014. Jarrette is an independent journalist and photographer, who focuses on rewriting the narrative of Indigneous Peoples within the media. Read more here.
- Avory Wyatt, assistant producer, is Wašiw and Numu and grew up on the Hungry Valley Reservation in Sparks, Nevada. Avory is a land defender, water protector, and social justice activist who has worked closely with both Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities.
- KNPR Senior Writer and Producer Heidi Kyser and KNPR News Director Joe Schoenmann produced the series.
- Sound editing, mixing and mastering are by Regina Revazova of Open Conversation.