A Tax-Saving Way to Help Nevada Public Radio
Make a difference today and save on taxes. It is possible when you support Nevada Public Radio through your IRA.
A Special Opportunity for Those 70½ Years Old and Older
You can give any amount (up to a maximum of $100,000) per year from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as Nevada Public Radio without having to pay income taxes on the money. Gifts of any value $100,000 or less are eligible for this benefit and you can feel good knowing that you are making a difference at Nevada Public Radio. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
Why Consider This Gift?
Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
Beginning in the year you turn 72, you can use your gift to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD).
You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
Since the gift doesn’t count as income, it can reduce your annual income level. This may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security that is subject to tax.
- Log into your IRA provider’s website to make a distribution.
- Contact us at 702-258-9895 or email@example.com to discuss using your IRA to support Nevada Public Radio and our mission.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal adviser.
- To include Nevada Public Radio in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID. Please let us know of your gift (many retirement providers assume no responsibility for letting nonprofits know of your intentions so your goals won’t be honored).
- Legal name: Nevada Public Radio
- Legal address: 1289 S Torrey Pines Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89146
- Federal tax ID number: 23-7441306