|Submit Photos >>||Official Rules >>||Prizes >>||Contest Home >>|
DESERT COMPANION "FOCUS ON NEVADA" PHOTO CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
2. CONTEST SCHEDULE: You may enter The DESERT COMPANION PHOTO CONTEST (the "Contest") between 6:00am. PT, January 15, 2020 and 11:59PM. PT, March 30, 2020 (the "Contest Period").
3. TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, complete the online entry form, including the submission of original photography that meets the submission requirements described below (the "Submission"). Before you will be allowed to enter the Contest, you must expressly agree and consent to be bound by these OFFICIAL RULES and the TERMS OF SERVICE and PRIVACY POLICIES of the web site. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the web site or enter the Contest. Incomplete entries or entries submitted by other means will not be considered. Any Submission that is not in compliance with these entry rules may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Void where prohibited by law.
4. SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS. To be considered for the Contest, a Submission must meet all of the following requirements:
1) The Submission must be the original work of the Entrant.
2) The Submission must be owned by the Entrant, and may not be subject to a rights license or other contractual obligation that limits the Entrant's ownership rights.
3) The Submission has not been previously published in any format
4) The Entrant must meet all eligibility requirements.
5) The Submission must adhere to these specifications i) high resolution JPEG format image at least 5 inches in height or width at a resolution of 300dpi ii) image must reflect the theme of Nevada
6) Submissions may not contain content that violates any third-party rights (e.g., trademarked or copyrighted images) or that NVPR/DESERT COMPANION, in its sole discretion, deems inappropriate.
Any Submission that does not meet all Submission Requirements may be disqualified at any time, at the sole discretion of NVPR/DESERT COMPANION.
5. LICENSE. By entering the Contest, Entrant grants an irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide non-exclusive license to NVPR, and its related companies to reproduce, distribute, and/or display the Submission 1) in connection with the Contest and promotion of the Contest, including, but not limited to print publishing, terrestrial broadcasts, web, and any other platform now known or later developed, 2) in connection with NVPR/DESERT COMPANION and promotion of NVPR/DESERT COMPANION, including, but not limited to print publishing, terrestrial broadcasts, web, and any other platform now known or later developed. No additional consideration or approval is required for any such use. Further, as a condition of accepting the prize, the winner of the contest will be required to assign to NVPR/DESERT COMPANION exclusive rights to the Submission for a period of one-hundred-eighty (180) days following the date of its selection as winner. NVPR/DESERT COMPANION or its related organizations may use name and likeness of Winner for advertising, fundraising, promotional, and/or publicity purposes during that period of time, without further compensation. At the conclusion of said period, any rights that NVPR / DESERT COMPANION maintains as to the Submission shall no longer be exclusive. Thereafter, both Winner and NVPR / DESERT COMPANION shall each possess rights to the Submission in shared fashion.
6. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER(S): Every eligible Submission will be included in the Contest. Selection will be made according to the following process, or as otherwise determined by the Contest Sponsor:
a. The Contest Sponsor will name a panel Contest judges (collectively, the "Judges")
b. The Judges will review all eligible Submissions received during the Contest Period.
c. Judges will select Submissions that will be deemed to be Contest finalists (each, a "Finalist"). The criteria for selecting Finalists will be determined in the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor, and may include factors such as impact, technique, originality, visual and artistic appeal.
d. The Winner will be required to assign to NVPR/DESERT COMPANION all rights to the Submission as a condition of winning the prize.
e. If Contest Sponsor deems the Winner to be ineligible or if the Winner is unwilling to assign to NVPR/DESERT COMPANION all rights to the Submission, then the Prize will go to another Finalist to be selected by the Judges.
7. PRIZES: B&C is awarding almost $6000 in prizes for the competition.
Panasonic Lumix S1 4K Video Creator Kit with VLOG and 24-105mm Lens (DC-S1MK) + Extra Battery
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Entrants agree that the Sponsors have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsors are final and binding. Winners, by acceptance of the Prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless Contest Sponsor, as well as its parent and related companies, and each of its employees, representatives, contractors, and advertisers from any and all liability, loss, damage, cost or claim relating to any allegation regarding the acceptance or use of their prize. Any Entrant that violates the Official Rules, as determined in the sole discretion of Contest Sponsor, will be immediately disqualified from the Contest. The Contest Sponsor and related organizations, their agents and employees have no liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind which result from use of the Prize, or by participation in the Contest. The Contest Sponsor and its related organizations may use Winner's name and likeness for advertising, fundraising, promotional or publicity purposes without further compensation. Winner will be responsible for a) all applicable taxes and b) any and all expenses associated with claiming the Prize, including but not limited to transportation.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, DESERT COMPANION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY'S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
RESTRICTIONS: By participating in the Contest, a participant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules, and by all decisions of NVPR/DESERT COMPANION as the Contest Sponsor. CONTEST SPONSOR: Nevada Public Radio DESERT COMPANION, 1289 S. Torrey Pines Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89146