President Trump presented the Medal of Honor to retired Army Capt. Gary Rose for conspicuous gallantry during the Vietnam War. During a four-day battle in Laos with North Vietnamese troops, Rose — a special forces medic — treated more than 50 soldiers under fire despite his own injuries.
Republicans in Congress are talking behind closed doors about a plan that would affect millions of Americans who are saving for retirement — and not in a good way according to many critics. The idea is to drastically lower the amount of money that Americans can set aside before taxes in their 401(k) accounts.
When Bowe Bergdahl walked off of his base in 2009, soldiers and resources across Afghanistan were rerouted to search for him. Jon Thurman was with Bergdahl's company, and was a part of the weeks-long search after he disappeared. He speaks with NPR about that time, and how he feels about Bergdahl's guilty plea.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson went to Kabul and Baghdad today as he tries to help wind down two ongoing conflicts. On his trip, he told reporters that the fight against the Taliban must continue, but that there is an opening for certain parts of the group.
Only 25 percent of people who need government help to pay for housing get it. In collaboration with The FRONTLINE Dispatch, NPR looked at what can happen to the other 75 percent and how the affordable housing crisis is playing out in one Dallas neighborhood.