Zeit: Five cool things about UNLV's Architecture Studies Library
1. Deep, wide-ranging resources: “The heart of the Architecture Studies Library is the collection,” says Operations Supervisor Steve Baskin. Books covering every aspect of architecture, design, landscaping and related subjects — plus rare volumes, videos, documentaries and more.
2. Cool Pinterest boards: Thoughtful pins on every aspect of architecture, design, sustainability, urban studies and more. Time named ASL one of “30 pinners to follow” in 2013.
3. Displays: The library’s gallery area is showing renderings of unbuilt projects slated for Las Vegas — and the campus itself. Also, designs for the famed Desert Sol house.
4. Comfy vibe: “We like to think of it as the living room of the School of Architecture,” Baskin says, “and we try to make it a great place to research, collaborate or hang out.” The public can check out books, or can access all ASL materials within the facility.
5. Hands-on fun: The library has buckets of Legos so you can build something cool and display it in the lobby or on its Facebook page.library.unlv.edu/arch