Listen

News 88.9 KNPR
Classical 89.7 KCNV

member station

KNPR

Fire Breaks Out In Monte Carlo Hotel Room On Las Vegas Strip

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Officials say a fire broke out on the 31st floor of the Monte Carlo hotel on the Las Vegas Strip.

The Clark County Fire Department said the fire started shortly before 4 a.m. Friday in the bathroom of a hotel room at the site of the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino.

There were no evacuations and no one was hurt.

The fire was caused by an electrical problem.

It was put out with an extinguisher and did not spread beyond the room. The sprinkler system did not turn on.

The 32-story Monte Carlo hotel-casino has about 3,000 rooms.

In 2008, there was a three-alarm fire in the upper floors of the hotel, causing minor injuries to 17 people and more than $100 million in damages and lost business.

Copyright 2015 KNPR-FM. To see more, visit http://www.knpr.org/.

Support comes from

You won’t find a paywall here. Come as often as you like — we’re not counting. You’ve found a like-minded tribe that cherishes what a free press stands for.  If you can spend another couple of minutes making a pledge of as little as $5, you’ll feel like a superhero defending democracy for less than the cost of a month of Netflix.

More Stories

KNPR
KNPR's State of Nevada
Jan 28, 2008

Strip Fire Safety

KNPR
KNPR's State of Nevada
Aug 19, 2009

Lance Burton

Monte Carlo Theater rendering
KNPR
KNPR's State of Nevada