Clark County Commission Chairman and Democratic gubernatorial candidate Steve Sisolak has canceled a proposed October 19 debate with his Republican opponent, Attorney General Adam Laxalt.
The Sisolak campaign confirmed yesterday to the Las Vegas Review Journal it has rejected the debate proposal that would have included the Las Vegas Review Journal, KSNV Channel 3 and Telemundo.
A spokesman with the Sisolak campaign said continued skewed coverage of the campaign from the newspaper’s editorial page would not prove for a fair debate. Sisolak accepted a separate debate proposal hosted by KLAS Channel 8 and Univision, however, the date for that debate has not been set.
Laxalt’s campaign fired back at the news, hinting that a debate might not happen. A spokesman with the Laxalt campaign said they had been waiting on word for the Oct. 19 debate before moving forward on talks about another.