Periodically, Nevada Public Radio offers tickets and other prizes as giveaways with no consideration required. These contests may be promoted on air, in the print edition of Desert Companion, online and via emailed newsletters and during NVPR events. Unless otherwise stated, winners must fall into the following categories to be eligible for contests and giveaways:
* Contests open to listeners 18 years of age and older who reside in the Nevada Public Radio listening area.
* Nevada Public Radio employees are not eligible.
* Each contest may have specific qualifying rules that will be posted and/or printed as deemed necessary.
* Only one entry per person contest is permitted, unless otherwise noted in specific qualifying rules.
* Only one winner per household permitted in any 90-day period.
* All decisions of station management with regard to the awarding of prizes, the selection of winners and the interpretation of these rules are final.
* NVPR will make best attempt to notify all winners, by phone. NVPR is not responsible for any mechanical telephone error, failure or omission; lost or misdirected mail, faxes or e-mail; neglect on the part of the US Postal Service; or e-mail service disruption.
* Prizes may be time-sensitive and will be noted as such. Prize winners are responsible for pick-up and redemption before expiration date.
* Tickets that are left for will-call or pickup become the responsibility of the venue conducting the event. NVPR is not responsible for tickets that are lost at the venue or for errors or oversight at given venues.
* NVPR reserves the right at any time to award prizes to another eligible winner drawn at random in the event prizes, for any reason, cannot be utilized by the original winner or in the event the original winner does not meet eligibility requirements.
* If a winner fails to accept a prize for any reason, no make-good prize will be awarded nor will there be replacements for the forfeited prize or for prizes not redeemed before their expiration date.
*By accepting their prize, winners give NVPR permission to use their name and likeness in editorial and promotional material in all broadcast, print and electronic formats without additional compensation, unless previously agreed otherwise.
* Winners accept responsibility for all taxes, tips and other liabilities. Substitution of prizes is not permitted. Prizes are not transferable, assignable or redeemable for cash.
* By entering, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless NVPR, including all officers, directors, employees, volunteers and sponsors from any and all liability, loss, damage or injury resulting from participation in NVPR promotions.
* Nevada Public Radio may edit or revise these rules without notice.
* Void where prohibited.
Copies of official contest rules are available to the public by writing to Nevada Public Radio Rules, 1289 S. Torrey Pines Dr., Las Vegas, NV 89146.