Since 1968, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting has been the steward of the federal government's investment in public broadcasting. CPB provides essential operational support for the nearly 1,400 locally-owned and operated public television and radio stations, which reach virtually every household in the country. Nevada Public Radio is a recipient of CPB grant funding, an annual grant that is less than 9% of our annual operational budget yet represents vital support to maintain our program services across Nevada and parts of Utah, California and Arizona.
In compliance with CPB's transparency requirements we are pleased to provide the following disclosures and information.
Scheduled meetings which are open to the public.
All meetings are at the Donald W. Reynolds Broadcast Center, 1289 S. Torrey Pines, Las Vegas, NV.
* - The meeting on 12/2/2015 will be held at the Swinn Toll Group at Merrill Lynch. 400 S Rampart Blvd Ste 300, Las Vegas, NV
Board of Directors
Wednesday, December 2, 2015
Nevada Public Radio Statement of Diversity
Nevada Public Radio serves a region that is iconic and distinctive. Our geography includes the grandeur of red rocks and the Mohave Desert and the allure of the Las Vegas Strip. More often than not, Nevadans have chosen to make this region home. NVPR embraces our role in fostering a sense of community through our independent media services. Reflecting the diversity of our region goes beyond the applicable laws around gender, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, ability or genetic predisposition. For NVPR it also includes our rural non-urban audiences and those with who seek out our content through non-traditional public media outlets. We are committed to attracting and retaining audiences who are new to public media yet resonate with the core values expressed in the excellence of our content and the independent nature of our media organization.
We will reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and the audiences we attract:
- Through our governing and community advisory boards
- Through our hiring practices, workplace culture and executive leadership; and by:
- The acquisition and creation of content on air, online and in print
- The practice of original journalism and content creation in story selection, sourcing and production
- Creating points of connection in person and online
- Participating in the life of the community and elevating philanthropy by leveraging our public media assets
- Facilitating sustainability and success through corporate partnerships and sponsorship
- Inviting and nurturing individual support from those who choose our media services
- Making business decisions with companies, foundations and organizations aligned with shared values as described above when all other factors are equal
- Using the resources available to us through our local and national affiliations to build on our efforts over time
- Recognizing and celebrating milestones in our efforts
Nevada Public Radio will document and measure annual progress toward the dimensions of diversity outlined in our statement and report to the NVPR Board and to the public in our Annual Report. On October 23, 2014, Nevada Public Radio received a quorum of votes via electronic communication to approve the NVPR Diversity Statement and Goal as written.